Quality Management Systems with ISO 9001 certification, the world’s most recognised business management standard, have been adopted across all industry types, from manufacturing through professional service organizations. Some of the benefits include helping an organisation to achieve consistent business processes and drive measurable, cost-saving performance improvements.
Since the first release ISO 9001 over 30 years ago, by ISO (International Organization for Standardization), more than one million organizations worldwide have adopted the principles and achieved certification to the requirements of ISO 9001, Quality Management System.
Today’s version provides organizations with a comprehensive process-focused framework upon which you can build business processes that lead to the successful achievement of organizational objectives.
Organizations that implement an effective business management system create a confidence among their stakeholders in the capability of their processes and the reliability of their products and or services; while at the same time, benefiting from improved risk management. In addition, an effective business management system serves to create the basis for continual improvement leading to increased customer satisfaction and ultimately to the success of the organization.
The ISO 9001 certificate is suitable for all sizes of organisation and is well established around the world as an invaluable quality management system. It is suitable for organisations in all industry sectors and will help your organisation to improve management processes to compete locally and/or globally.
The process encompasses the entire organisation and requires senior management buy-in, it is not just a function of the Quality Department. To achieve ISO 9001 certification your organisation needs to demonstrate that it can meet the regulatory requirements and apply the system effectively to be of real benefit to your customers.
Benefits of ISO 9001
- Allows you to become a more consistent competitor in your marketplace
- Better quality management helps you meet customer needs
- More efficient ways of working will save time, money and resources
- Improved operational performance will cut errors and increase profits
- Motivate and engage staff with more efficient internal processes
- Win more high value customers with better customer service
- Broaden business opportunities by demonstrating compliance
The principles upon which ISO 9001:2008 is based include:
- Customer Focus
- Involvement of People
- Process Approach
- System Approach to Management
- Continual Improvement
- Factual Approach to Decision Making
- Mutually Beneficial Supplier Relationship.